When you want to transfer a domain name to another domain registrar, there are some basic steps you have to take before transferring your domain name to another host. In this article, I will be talking about the various steps on how to transfer a domain name to a new web registrar. Without much talk let go into the steps Now!!
How to transfer a Domain Name (Step to Step Guide)
- First before transferring your domain make sure you are eligible for transfer, to be eligible your domain name must have been registered with your current web registrar for at least 60 days (3 Month).
- Next, unlock the domain lock, this feature is as easy as ABC just login to web registrar where your domain is registered and look for the option to Unlock the Domain lock.
- After you have unlocked the domain, locate the options which say Get EPP code or Auth code from the current registrar, you are about to transfer your domain name from.
- The code will be sent to your email
- Once the code has been sent your email you can now login to your web registrar and look for the transfer option.
- Enter the name of the domain name you want to transfer
- Next, enter the EPP/Auth code that is been sent you via email and proceed
- Once this is done you will receive a link in your email asking to confirm and to agree to the terms and conditions to the transfer.
- Once you have verified the link is to pay for the service and wait for the transfer to be complete
Note that transferring a domain can take up to 24-48 hours for the registrar to complete the transfer.
Was this article helpful please let us know in the comment section below? You can also share with your friends if you find this article helpful