Today I am going to teach you how you can find your stolen or lost mobile phone using Google Gmail account and IMEL number. So, if your phone is missing don’t worry at all there is a second chance to recover back your phone.
To recover back your lost phone, you need an active internet connection to track the location of your phone because we will be making use of Google Map. Let get started
How to find my lost phone using google services.
What are the requirements needed?
- Active internet connection
- You need a Google mail Account i.e. Gmail Account
- Your lost phone must be turned on
- The location must be turn on
Recently Google has added some update to their search result page, which means that you will be able to quickly locate any registered Android device from its search engine. So, by typing the keyword “where is my phone” once you type in this phrase Google will display a map above from the result shown to you in which you will use to locate your lost phone Once found, you can let it ring by clicking on “Ring”.
How to find a stolen phone using google service
- Click on this link https://www.google.com/android/find
- Sign in into the Gmail address and password of your lost android phone.
- Next, select the particular phone name at the side of the page. This will give you a notification Find My Device to begin searching for your Android’s location.
Note that once your Android phone location is determined, it will display on-screen but if your phone is switch off or doesn’t have a cellular network connection, the device location won’t appear.
Additional Tips: you can lock down your mobile phone data from being recovered by following these simple steps.
- Click on LOCK from the left side of the page
- Enter a password
- You can enter a recovery phone number if you wish
- Finally, LOCK when prompted
Finally, if you don’t have access to a Laptop or desktop, you can simply install the app from google play store Find My Device.
How to find a stolen phone using IMEI number
This is one of the best ways to recover back your lost phone even though your phone has been switched off or it has been reset by factory settings. To find your phone lost using the IMEL number, you may need the help of your network operator and the law enforcement agencies to get this done.